Thursday 9 July 2015

How to: fill in eyebrows!

Hi there!

So todays post is going to be an eybrow tutorial, it is quite a full on look so I know it won't be for everyone, but I personally like a full on brow. First things first, I get my eyebrows waxed by the lovely Nicola over at http://www.nicolabeauty.co.uk/ and she is phenomenal, she did my make up for prom and I can't recommend her enough. A good wax and shape is the basis of a good filled in look! These products will work for people with dark brows, however you could substitute in the same products in different shades to achieve a similar look.


So as you can see my eyebrows are naturally pretty sparse:



The first product I am going to use is the maybelline master shape eyebrow pencil. It is important to sharpen your eyebrow pencil before you start other wise you end up blocking your brows with colour rather than creating texture with the fine tip of a sharp pencil.



Firstly I draw a line following the natural shape of my brows on the top and bottom, joining at the tail of the brow.


I then fill in the rest of my eyebrows with the same pencil before softening it and blending it out with the spoolie on the end of my eyebrow pencil as seen here:



I then take this brow powder by avon on an angled brush by eco tools to set the first product, and again soften it with the spoolie brush.




The next product I use is the Loreal brow artist plumper to set all the products in place and ensure that it lasts all day.


Now I am going to carve out my brows:
This is an extra step to achieve more definition.


These are the products I use personally, but other concealers work too, cream concealers work particularly well for this technique if you want extreme definition. I use a liquid concealer for a more subtle effect.


Here I line around the outside of my brows using a flat concealer brush and my seventeen stay time concealer.


And blend it in.


For my brow bone highlight I use the naked basics palette; the colours Venus, Foxy and W.O.S. The brush I use is on the other end of the Eco tools brush, or a flat brush from Sephora. (you will have seen this brush in my New York Makeup haul)


I mix foxy and W.O.S under the length of my brow and then use venus underneath the arch.


Here is the difference between my brows when they're done and not.


And here is the finished product.

So this is how I fill in my eyebrows on a daily basis, but you can also do these steps on their own for a more subtle look, you can use any of these products on their own or in conjunction like I have in this tutorial.

Also again, I can't recommend Nicola from http://www.nicolabeauty.co.uk/ enough, take a look at her website and if you can pop in and have a treatment or two!

Thank you for reading and speak soon!

Nicola xx



No comments:

Post a Comment