Saturday 19 September 2015

Mac Starter Kit!

Hey Guys!



Today's post is a guide to the best Mac products to start your collection! When you start delving into the high end make up world, everything can be a little overwhelming, what is really worth the money? In this post I will reveal the five products I think are essentials to my Mac collection I wish I had bought sooner!

1. Fix+



This product is a holy grail for me! I use this every time I do my make up, this reduces cakeiness and gives a healthy dewy appearance to the skin. I wish I had bought the big bottle originally, but I bought the small one so I could try it out and that was a big mistake!

2. Soft Ochre paint pot 



The first paint pot I bought was Rubenesque and I don't use it very often, but I use Soft Ochre everyday so it's more of a staple in my collection personally. An alternative to this would be Painterly which has a more pink toned base. I think that Soft Ochre is a staple because you can apply it when you are using any colour eyeshadow to make them more vibrant or on its own for a more natural look for example if your school has a no make up rule like mine did.

3. Lightscapade MSF



This is my only Mac Mineralise Skin Finish and first high end highlighter and I think that this is a good product for your starter kit because it adds quite a lot to a make up look giving the face a more sculpted appearance without the need for contouring. This colour is very flattering for paler skin tones, but if you have a deeper skin tone I would suggest exploring the shade range of MSF's.

4. Concealer



The pro longwear concealer is my concealer of choice, but I would suggest some of the other concealers in the range more since the pump on this concealer is quite difficult to control leaving you with a lot of excess product and making it run out quite quickly. I think a high end concealer is better to invest in before a high end foundation because it is more versatile as to how you can use it; you can use it to highlight or cover blemishes.

5. Velvet Teddy Lipstick



This lipstick is so flattering on many skin tones and I think it is a perfect every day colour to put on. Also with this colour you don't require a lip liner making it a perfect addition to your collection if you are just starting out with Mac products.

This post is in no way telling you that you need to buy these products, these are just the products I would suggest if you were thinking about buying some mac items.

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment